Saturday 24 December 2011

Water marble candy cane

I attempted Colette's amazing (and seemingly so simple!) candy cane water marble pattern this morning. She makes it look SO EASY, and it's SO NOT.

This took me about two hours to do, and I still managed to muck up a couple of nails. Not to mention just how much clean up this takes! This is after spending about 30 minutes with q-tips and a bottle of polish remover.

Perhaps water marbling just isn't for me. But I will continue to try!

Products used: China Glaze Ruby Pumps, China Glaze White on White in the water marble with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Disco Ball on top, along with a coat of Seche Vite.




You can see how badly I smudged my middle finger here. It's not QUITE as noticeable in person and out of the sun thankfully, but I was just out of patience to redo it.



One day, I may be as good at this as Colette, but that day is far, far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment