Sunday 11 December 2011

My first attempt at a gradient manicure

I saw an online tutorial for a gradient glitter pattern a while ago and thought "gee, that'll be easy!"

NOPE!

It looks so simple, but it is tough to get it right! It's so easy to overload the polish at the tips and end up with a bubbly effect like I have here, or to have gaps in your glitter which just doesn't look good, or the gradient is too abrupt.

This is ManGlaze Matte is Murder (a fabulous shimmery matte black), with Sephora by OPI Don't be Eggnog-ious, a limited edition copper glitter with a horrible name.

In the shade:




In the sun:



And a close up that shows the shimmery loveliness that is ManGlaze Matte is Murder, along with the horrible wrinkling issue I had with my Seche Vite thanks to applying it too thickly.



I have a lot to learn about polishing my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment