Thursday 15 December 2011

A haul, and a porcelain manicure!

I received one small package of nail polish today with a few China Glaze items, and then I stopped into Sally on the way home to pick up a few odds and ends. I ended up getting a few more China Glaze polishes while I was there, along with a few cheap Sally Girl samples.




Misc: Polish thinner & pure acetone on the left, nail gems on the lower right.

Polishes:

Top row: China Glaze Frostbite, China Glaze For Audrey, China Glaze White on White, Finger Paint Sparkle Top Coat

Middle row: China Glaze Icicle, China Glaze Glittering Garland, China Glaze Holly Days, China Glaze Tinsel Town, China Glaze Some Like it Haute

Bottom row: Three mini Sally Girl polishes, no names.


China Glaze For Audrey made me think about my lovely set of blue Nigella Lawson mixing bowls, except shiny while they're matte. So I hauled out my Deborah Lippmann Flat Top and did this:




Base: CND Stickey
Blue: China Glaze For Audrey
White: China Glaze White on White
Top coat: Deborah Lippmann Flat Top

Matting a manicure just changes it so completely, from a pretty shiny look to a sophisticated porcelain-like finish. I love this look so much! I'll definitely be wearing it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment