Wednesday 7 March 2012

Poshe Topcoat Challenge: Day 2

After a full day of wear, Poshe is holding up nicely! I see very little chipping (in fact, I didn't see any til I saw the close up of my thumb), but I did notice some shrinkage.

Left hand:


Right hand:



Here you can clearly see where I missed a spot wrapping the tip of this nail. The center and far edge were fine, but this edge shrank back a LOT, leaving the polish even more open to chipping later.



These next two pictures clearly show the difference between a wrapped and unwrapped tip. The first picture is properly wrapped on every coat, giving an even colour right to the edge of the nail.



The second picture shows the one nail I didn't wrap because it was a bit short, and you can definitely see a lighter, almost white edge at the tip. The shrinking wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, but it's definitely there!



This shows just how important it is to wrap your tips when using a quick dry topcoat! The difference is just night and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment