Thursday 2 February 2012

Deborah Lippmann: The Stripper To Go vs black creme polish

This is the first of a five day experiment with Deborah Lippmann's The Stripper to Go - a portable finger mitt that claims to be able to remove polish from all ten fingers, even glitter. My first encounter with these mitts didn't go so well - it failed after two fingers. To be fair, the polish was a total glitter bomb, but then the product is supposed to be able to handle it.

I decided to start things off with something simple: my favourite creme polish, coincidentally also a Deborah Lippmann product - the black creme from the Edge of Glory 3d holo set.

I used Essie all in one base coat, one coat of Deborah Lippmann's Edge of Glory black creme (yep, that's one coat!), and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.



I wore this for about 24 hours. As I thought, the toughest part was resisting the impulse to layer a glitter or shimmer topcoat on top of this!



I opened the packet and got to work. I was shocked at how quickly this took off the polish - a few swipes and it was gone. I worked quickly as polish remover does tend to evaporate fast.



The results were impressive. All ten fingers wiped clean. There were some stray bits of black polish remaining, but those I put down to my unbuffed fingertips, not the stripper. I badly needed to buff my nails before I applied the polish in the first place! I took care of that afterwards.

Left hand:



Right hand:



The mitt after cleaning:




I used the outside of the mitt to clean up a few bits underneath my nails and around the edges.

Overall I'd call this experiment a success! The Stripper to Go did remove the polish cleanly from all ten nails. The best part? All I had to throw out was the mitt and its packet instead of the usual assortment of cotton pads.

Tomorrow, I up the ante: creme polish with a very light glitter on top. We'll see how it fares!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Phedre,

    I have just discovered your blog and I think it's awesome! I'm curious how the mitt will beat against a really bad glitter, lol.

    I have a tag for you over on my blog! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've got the second set of pictures ready to go, just need a chance to post it!

      Delete