Tuesday 28 February 2012

Topcoat Challenge: Redux

Looking over my topcoat challenge pics, I realised I was not happy with the method I used to test. So I'm going to do it all over again, in a slightly different manner.

Instead of applying a different topcoat over each finger, I'm just going to apply a different topcoat each time I do my nails, and take pictures of how they wear over the course of the next few days. This should better show which topcoat works best on my nails. I'll re-score the polishes based on application, smell, finish, and lasting power.

In the meantime, here's a random picture of a Claire's polish I picked up this weekend: This is Night Sky, a holographic and navy blue glitter in a clear base. It's absolutely beautiful, and cheap! It's also sold as Icing Epic Winning. I used it for a glitter gradient on top of OPI Princesses Rule! I have Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop on my middle finger, and China Glaze Wicked Style + Konad special white polish dots on my pinky, in case anyone's curious :)

4 comments:

  1. EEE these are so fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It should be interesting to see what happens with them over the next few weeks!

      Delete
  2. I love them! What fun designs!

    I've also been wondering if you're planning on doing a test on matte top coats - I got Klean Color's one and it's a bit of a disappointment, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It's thick, dries slowly, and looks like I've dipped my nails in plastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one I have is Deborah Lippmann's Flat Top, which is frickin AWESOME, but also pricy. I've heard fantastic things about Essie's Matte about You though!

      Delete