Tuesday 20 March 2012

Seche Vite Topcoat Challenge - Day 1



This week's topcoat is Seche Vite. Though it is by far the most loved topcoat amongst nail polish lovers, there are some who just hate it for its strong smell and tricky application. It also has a reputation for shrinkage.

I have to agree on the smell - it's very strong! I always use thie topcoat in a well-ventilated area. It also requires a bit more work to apply nicely - too little topcoat and it pulls, too much topcoat and it wrinkles. And if you don't get every bit of polish covered with nicely wrapped tips, it will shrink like whoa.

Having said that, there's a reason people love it! It's super shiny, and dries very fast. But how about longevity?

I cleaned and buffed my nails, then applied three thin coats of Hits No Olimpo in Dioniso, the same polish I used for the Poshe Topcoat Challenge. I also kept the same unwrapped finger - the middle finger on my right hand, due to how short it is.









Here it is right after application. Sorry for the lack of holo goodness - the sun in Ottawa is not cooperating today

Left hand:


Right hand:


But how will it fare over the next few days? This will be an extra challenge for Seche Vite as I'm on the road for the next few days, so it'll have to deal with overhead bins and luggage.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're in my head or something. I put Dionisio on the first day of the Poshe challenge, then again last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous colour. It's the whole reason I picked it for all these topcoat challenges!

      Delete
  2. Ohh, gorgeous! I ordered this and have yet to try it. Can't wait. And I'm definitely a Seche fan! So glossy, and dries super quick. I've been migrating towards using Essie Good to Go more often, though. Both good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Hits holos. So pretty! Check out the Layla ones too! They're up on Harlow&Co.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to do that! I'm crazy about the Layla magentics, so I bet their holos will be awesome, too.

      Delete