Monday 2 April 2012

A pre-birthday haul and review of Deborah Lippmann Magnetic duo - Steal my Kisses

I went shopping this weekend to pick up a lil something for my upcoming birthday, and this is what I came home with:



Yep, that's Chanel Paradoxal! I can't believe I managed to find a bottle. Now of course this means I had to run out and pick up Revlon Naughty (the renamed Perplex Paradoxal dupe), so I'll have a comparison post soon!

In the meantime, how do those Lippmann magnetics stack up? I ended up getting the Steal my Kisses set and I'm glad I did!

Application wise, they are like butter. You would swear that they were normal polish and not magnetic at all! In my experience, the few magnetics I have apply in a very thick, sludgy manner that had me wavering on ever buying another, but this has completely changed my mind.

Following the instructions, I applied base coat, then one thin coat of each colour, let dry one minute, then applied a thicker coat of colour one nail at a time, held the magnet over the nail for 10 seconds. This picture was taken before I applied a topcoat. This was the result:



The darker colour is Love is a Battlefield, the lighter colour is Berry Metal. It doesn't come through a lot in this picture, but there's a subtle red shimmer in the Berry Metal polish that only shows in the lighter areas. Absolutely gorgeous! I was hard pressed to choose a favourite from these two.

When dry, both of these just seem to glow from within. The finish puts me in mind of one other polish I have - OPI Not Really a Waitress, in that it reminds me of a true enamel finish. Beautiful.

My one disappointment is that the cap isn't designed to fit over the polish bottle top like I initially thought. I'll have to be careful so I don't lose it!

If you've been shying away from magnetic polishes like I have because of the thick texture, give the Lippmann collection a shot - not only do they apply like normal polish, they look spectacular!

2 comments:

  1. Great haul!! :D Happy early birthday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy to find the Lippmann magnetics in Canada! They were a HSN exclusive for ages and they wouldn't ship to Canada :/

      Delete