Monday 14 November 2011

My first attempt at a taped manicure!

After seeing the tutorial for taped looks at Reddit Laqueristas, I figured I'd give it a go! This was my first ever attempt at a taped manicure: OPI French Quarter for your Thoughts tipped with OPI Designer, De Better.



It's a bit messy, but not bad for a first try! I was surprised at just how easy it was to achieve those clean lines:

1) paint with base coat and base colour, wait for colour to dry.
2) take a piece of scotch tape and stick it to your hand a few times to make it less sticky (if it's too sticky it'll take the polish right off your nails!), place over your nail however you'd like the design to go.
3) Pain your tip colour, remove tape before the paint dries.

I really need to do a full taping tutorial. I've figured out a number of tips and tricks and I should post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment